Nutrition Therapy for Chronic Health Conditions ~
Many health problems and their symptoms can be prevented, controlled, or relieved by learning how to eat healthy, exercise, reduce stress, and create an appropriate sleep schedule!
Working with these main ingredients, will increase your longevity, reduce inflammation, increase calmness, and greatly improve the quality of your life!
Health issues we work with:
- General Wellness, Weight Management, Chronic Conditions
- Autoimmune Conditions: PCOS, Celiac, Thyroid, Myasthenia Gravis, Asthma & others
- Diabetes: pre, gestational, Insulin Resistance
- GI Disorders: Irritable Bowel, FODMAP, Celiac, Gluten Intolerance, Food Sensitivity, Leaky Gut, Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Food: Sensitivity, Intolerance, Allergy
- Cancer Revitalization
An Initial Consultation may include:
- A comprehensive evaluation and assessment of your nutrition, medical condition, weight history, personal and family medical history and fitness history. Most appointments are typically 90 minutes, however, 60 minutes sessions are available in specific instances.
- Review of a current food record with recommendations to improve health status, composition, performance and energy levels.
- Long, and short term goal setting, that is realistic, and based on priorities and commitments.
- Looks for triggers and stressors that lead to emotional eating, and create strategies to divert this in the future.
- Address resistance to change, both nutrition and exercise, using motivational interviewing to understand what motivates or inhibits you, from accomplishing your goals.
- Education on how to eat to prevent or manage diseases or syndromes associated with food like heart disease, diabetes, celiac or other gastrointestinal symptoms.
- Menu plan and recipes
- Body composition, (fat%, muscle %, visceral %, etc)
- Introduction to food log app that provides "real time" viewing of food logging, water and exercise by nutritionist.
- Discuss any functional lab testing that may useful to your situation. This is guided by what is discussed in the session.
A Follow-up Session includes:
- They are typically 30 to 60 minutes. With a complex health situation, the session may take up to 90 minutes.
- Prioritize goals.
- Review food journal
- Look for triggers and stressors that lead to emotional eating.
- Address readiness to change, find what your motivational "why" is.
- A nutrition and exercise plan that works with your lifestyle.
- Strategies for maintenance phase. This may include support for developing a meal plan,(i.e. KETO, Low Carb, Diabetes, Paleo, AIP, FODMAP, etc),
- Strategies for cravings, gas, bloat, snacking, etc.
- Body composition, (fat%, muscle %, visceral %, etc), if session is done in person.
- Review food records.
- Develop new habits to replace old "non-working" patterns.
- Formulate achievable steps to reach your healthy goals.